NSW Police have released some security guidance information for people heading to Tamworth for the annual country music festival.
“Camping is considered an important part of the Tamworth Country Music Festival experience and we remind festival campers to be mindful of their own safety and security,” Operation Commander, Superintendent Jim Stewart said.
“With thousands of people in some of these camping areas, we ask everyone to look out for themselves and each other and in an emergency, contact police immediately.”
Tips for campers:
• Plan your trip in advance and if possible, make a booking
• Get to know your surrounding campers
• Leave valuables at home – if you must take valuables with you, ensure they are secured and kept out of sight ie laptops, iPods, stereos, GPS
• Lock your caravan or campervan when unattended
• Where possible, use a lock to secure your tent
• Where possible, use a portable alarm in your tent or camper
• Ensure valuables are not left in unattended vehicles
• Report any suspicious behaviour to police
Picture by Rod Edwards (assisted by “Truffles”)